Thread: tire choices/sources

after reading through the info at http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos5.htm and seeing what others are running, am nearing a tire decision....I like the Swamper TSL Q78-16--but it's kinda my second choice--they'd be almost $200 delivered.

Was interested in the MVPA deal with michelin, for $300 each I'd go with the radial XL's in a 11-16--but according to mcinfantry's post, that deal is dead for the time being.

So..... what's the best (or is there) source for USED 11-16 Michelin XL's? saw were spicergear got some from GA, but as I recall, was it a bad deal? GA is not that far away for me to go pick and choose if that would work.

Anywhere else to find them?
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Default tire choices/sources

here you go
    30- New Michelin XZL 900x16 $300.00 ea
    10- Used Michelin XZL 900x16 (98%) $275.00 ea
    9- Used Michelin XL 1100x16 (95%) $325.00 ea
    4- New Michelin XL 1100x16 $350.00 ea
    4- New Michelin XML 325.85x16 $350.00 ea
    4- Used Michelin XML 325.85x16 (95%) $325.00 ea
    20- New Denman NDT 900x16 $125.00 ea
    40- New 900x16 Radial Tubes-TR177 $ 25.00 ea
    40- New 900x16 Flaps (center hole) $ 10.00 ea

20- New Selectro Locking Hubs to fit Dodge Civilian Power Wagons, 1946 thru 1968, and M-37 $ 250.00 ea. pair

Prices do not include S&H or California Sales Tax if California Resident.

Steven Fowler
    707-484-0097 8-5 M-F PST
    Stefwlr@aol.com
    Items will be shipped from Santa Rosa CA - 95439

Forget the weird Q78's and get normal sized tires LOL.. no real reason I can see to make life harder for yourself. Swampers look right on our trucks but SUCK on the street, at least, if you dont' like noise. The radials wear a little better but still not great.

I'm curious why you'd pay $300 for Michelins, but balk at $200 delivered ( a great price,btw) for the Swampers? That's the bad thing about big tires, they aren't free......
    **I heart Bump_r **

Default Power Distribution Box SL 1 Questions

i went michelin because they wear and BALANCE much better than swampers

no, tac, I'm not balking at the $200, it's just that amount compared to possibly being able to get the radials for just a hundred bucks more apiece....price difference is low enough that I'd get the XL radials (if the deal was still good), since the bias swampers would 2/3 the cost of a better (and radial) tire.

Somebody showed up at FE99 with the Q78-16 tires, fergit who it was. A little bigger than 900-16's, and looked good on the truck, size-wise.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

you didnt like the link? i know its 50 more, but.....

yes, I liked the link.

I'll call him when I'm in the office tomorrow, see what shipping will run to NC.
    DP

I agree with Tacoma on this one. I had the Q78-16 Swampers on my truck, and although they fit and looked good, they were impossible to balance. If you only off-road your truck they'd be fine, but if you drive it on the road at all, look for something else. I finally ended up getting some 9.00-16 "STA Superlug" tires for my truck from a local tire dealer. I have not had these tires on the road yet, but they are actually designed to be used on the road, so will hopefully be friendlier than the Swampers. Good Luck.