Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Source for Heater Core?

Default Source for Heater Core?

I'm retofitting the metal version of the Jeep heater/distribution boxes into the M715, and removing the Ford stuff that was adapted to the truck (mostly to get rid of the Ford controls that are in the way of the starter switch.)

I am having trouble finding a heater core - I've spoken to NAPA twice, once for a 68 Wagoneer core, once for a 73 Galdiator, and both are out of stock/15 day special order.

Where are you guys getting them? I'm hesitant to order off of Rock Auto, not knowing what the quality of the parts/warranties are.

Suggestions?
    keith.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zuffenhaus.us

If your retroing a civy jeep heater you might try these guys: jeep4x4center.com or maybe kaiserwillys.com
    Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

It looks like O'reilly's may have it...

keith.

(sent from my rotary dial phone.)
    keith.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zuffenhaus.us

Post up what you find, I will be needing one also.

This is for a the civi heater right?

I've had very good luck with Rock Auto, including returns. You can choose your part manufacturer from the list of compatible parts
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Yes, for the civilian heater, which looks identical to that in the technical manuals (not the gas-fired heater.)

I also found a CJ-5 blower upgrade that uses a Chevy 12v fan/motor for more output. I'll be investigating that also.

Where do I find the 3 correct cables and switch for the M715??

keith.

keith.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zuffenhaus.us

I'll call VPW today about the cables, unless you guys have a secret source for me...

keith.

keith.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zuffenhaus.us

They only have the 'heat' and 'fresh air' cables. The 'defrost' cable is unavailable from any source.

You're better off buying another truck just for that cable.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Can the knob be easily removed (to be reproduced)?

keith.

keith.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zuffenhaus.us

O'Reilly hasn't got the core in stock, it is a special-order item, but carries a limited-lifetime warranty. I will take about a week, delivery time.

They do stock the Chevy blower motor and wheel, which I'm doing a test fit on tomorrow morning before purchase. It is a VDO unit.

I'm not sure how the resistor works in to all of this, or where it is located on the civilian heater stuff. Does anyone know if it is normally a 3-speed fan on the Wagoneer?
    keith.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zuffenhaus.us