Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got the S250 installed today!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Default Got the S250 installed today!

Well, walked out to the lot on Saturday evening to this:

Then this afternoon, ended with this:

Also, the tire fairy visited me as well, and left off a set of Michelin XL's. Wow what a difference! Of course with the extra 800 lbs in the back it rides like a Caddy. Well, a sort of stiff riding, poor handling Caddy, but who's complaining........
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Very nice.
    I always thought those S250's looked nice on an M715.
    Better then they look on other M vehicles.
    Rollie

That does look good, how'd you get it up in there? Mines never been off the ground, except to move. My rollback driver is awesome, he put it inside my garage nice and neat for me. I'm afraid if I put mine in the truck it would crash thru my rusted-out bed floor.

Actually, we used two ramps and about 3 guys to push it in there. It weighs nearly 800 lbs.

I am in the process of building a gantry so I can use my chainfall to lift it when I need to.

I also forgot just how high and big those things are when installed. Its a pretty full house in the bed now.

Randy Is there enough room in that to make a camper out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by CrashMorriss View Post
    That is the plan. It'll probably happen this winter.

You should make it work like those pick up truck campers. With some type of landing leg so that you can lift it a half an inch up and then drive out from under it and then lower it back down onto some saw horses... I was wondering if you were planning on making a camper or actual commo shelter since you were asking about data plates and what not.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by CrashMorriss View Post
    Crash, you seen this yet?

http://www.sanlee.com/jeep/S250camper/default.htm

[/shamelessplug]
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

ok, now i want one.

the wife would like the 10K+ elevation rain alot more if we had one of those

Ryan
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

Interior pics, cut'n'paste from Steel Soldiers thread:
    Here are some interior pics. Forgot to get them posted to my web page.

Here is the bunk in the sleeping position. Cushion is 3" foam, made into 4 pieces. The two center sections will lift out and lean against the back wall to make more floor space. There is about 2' of floor space with the bunk in this position, enough for the portapotti and getting in and out the door. Wood is oak and oak veneer plywood, yet to be stained. I have aluminum hat channel screwed up under the plywood inserts to keep them from bowing.

Here is the bunk with one cushion/panel removed. This is how we usually set it during the day to have more room for dressing, etc. We can just pull the corners off the fitted sheet up front, and fold back in half on the remaining bunk, so we don't have to fully re-make the bed every night. Also you can see that the portapotti slides up under the rear bunk section during the day. Straps you see in lower right corner are for the portapotti when travelling.

This is the wall opposite the window (to the right as you enter). 2 rows about 6' long of adjustable shelving. Plenty of room for our clothes and stuff for a long weekend. (can also put duffel bags or suitcases under the front half of the bunk for a longer trip).

Finally, the a/c unit as described in an earlier post. The straps were the only ones I could find before our first trip. I have since found some black straps, but have not put them on yet.

DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.