Thread: No more 5 minute edit?

Default No more 5 minute edit?

Is it no longer possible to edit your posts up to 5 minutes after posting? That was helpful to correct spelling errors, fix an image tag that got mis-keyed or other stuff.

Why remove that option for us?

Zach

Sorry...I was supposed to make a post on this a couple days ago and it got missed....

Hammer has been trying everything under the sun to find a way for us to get Vbulletin to let us have one edit level, the 5 minutes, for the regular users, and unlimited edit time for paying members.

Bottom line is the program does not have the capability to do this and so we were forced to do something.

We decided to allow unlimited editing in the subscriber accounts...which means we had to turn off editing in the regular accounts.

So, no, there is no more 5 minute edit in the non paying accounts...though if and when the program has the ability to allow us to have different time limits for different user groups, we will put it back to the 5 minute limit.

Sorry guys...it isnt what we wanted either but we are kinda stuck here by the program limitations.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I imagine that we will be able to make it happen like we want, but there is no idea what so ever on a time frame for this to truly materialize.
    So, don't hold your breath, but I DO plan to put the 5 minute edit back in place for regular users.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to PM a moderator for that forum or an admin to make whatever changes you need. We are more than happy to help.
    -- Tim Taylor

Yes...THANKS Binford!!
    We are here to help and will make any edits you need.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

No problem, I figured it was something like that. Just means I need to be more careful before I post, and not rely on fixing stupid errors afterwords (or deal with looking like the tard that I am)

Zach

Quote Originally Posted by vacca rabite View Post
    (or deal with looking like the tard that I am)
    Welcome to my world, Zach!
    -- Tim Taylor