Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions On This Truck For Sale

Default Opinions On This Truck For Sale

hey folks- i've been into jeeps for a while now and have built a few cherokee's and comanches up but i've always wanted a 715...finally found one that it in mu budget range and i want to get some experienced opinions before i buy it. i know some of the deals/ quirks with these trucks, i'm just curious if you think its a fair price/ good buy etc. problem is i cant really drive to look at it because its about a 600 mile trip each way.
    here's the ad and some pic's, let me know what you think!

"1968 Kaiser Jeep M715 1 1/4 ton pickup. All stock drive train in good running order, 4wd works great, engine runs perfect. New vinyl top from beechwood canvas.com. Michelin xl 38" tires on Marsh racing wheels. Also have the original NDT mlitary tires on split rims. Troop seats for the bed of the truck. Body is in excellent condition, repainted professionally 4 years ago military green. Many new parts. This truck regretfully has to be sold, I am currently out of work, it's just one of my toys I have to get rid of."

he's asking $4300 which i thought was quite reasonable. lots of newer stuff that adds up like brake parts, winshield/ seals etc etc...

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Well, not too bad.

Top is one of the vinyl replacements, not canvas, the front bumper isn't original, the tailgate is missing, and it isn't clear whether its still 24Volt with all the original lighting intact. Are all the data plates intact? Is there a title? I'd also ask for a picture of it when it isn't wet. Water and low gloss paint can hide a lot.

The Marsh wheels are a plus, and the XL's as well, along with the original wheels and NDT's.

I'd probably try to negotiate it down to say $2500 to $3000. After more pics and even a look in person. Not to say it isn't worth what he's asking, but that's all I'd pay.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

here are some pics of the "worst" stuff. it's mostly all original with the obvious exception of the bumper and paint. still 24 volt system. and the paints not wet, it's actually olive drab without the flattening additive. kind of cool i think. i'm not too worried about the engine... probably do a 4bt swap later on. odometer has stopped but reads only 9k.

Needs seat canvas too.

The first couple pics look a lot more shiny than the rest. Maybe just the digital photography?

Solid body, but I'd work that price on down.

If you're planning to do a swap anyway, why not find a solid body with no engine? I picked up a pretty solid body and it had no motor or trans for $1300 two years ago. Needed canvas and some TLC, but then I built it the way I wanted it.

[IMG].http://www.m715zone.com/jonmisc/img2383b.jpg[/IMG]

well, i looked at one with a mint body but the guy wanted 3500! i have a lot of projects right now so i like the idea of being able to drive and enjoy it until i get the time to work on it...
    and it's hard to see because those pics are so small but the really is in good shape like the first pics. in the other pictures the truck isnt as clean and has a lot of pollen on it so it looks duller... i've talked to the guy a few times now and he seems pretty decent and seems to have taken good care of it. i'm not looking for a factory resto- more of a weekend thing and parades/ cummins project that bumper looks like a decent winch platform also.
    Last edited by brute4c; June 9th, 2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: resized images

alright guys, i'm new to this forum i just joined today... haven't quite figured it all out! please excuse the massive pictures. sorry about that!

Fixed 'em...no sweat.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I'd say $3500 give or take. There are some issues there, but it's a fairly good truck.
    Zone holster maker