Thread: need factory winch info

My 715 has a factory winch on it. The front pto driveshaft is gone, so I would like some pics of one so I can get something going. Or if someone has an extra one that is complete or knows where to buy one I would be interested. Also I need the specs for the winch. What is the thing rated to pull single line? I plan on changing it to a synthetic cable, and plan on going with a 20,000lb cable, but need to know what I am supposed to be grabbing. As most of my friends drive cj5's, I figure I can pull them no prob, and maybe even drag them around for a while just for the hell of it, but need to know what the limitations are.

This info is in accordance with the online manuals listed on the left side of the screen under modules.
    20-3. General.
    A geared winch assembly (fig 20-1) is underslung behind the front bumper of the vehicle, and is driven by a propeller shaft connected to a power take-off mounted on the transmission. The winch drum is provided with 150 feet of 7/16-inch cable terminated with a four foot chain and hook. The rated line pull capacity at the drum is 7,500 pounds. The winch assembly contains a replaceable shear pin for overload protection.
    I have seen them on e-bay once in awhile. I dont have any pics at this time

Similar Threads

1. Factory Winches
    By Mater715 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: June 19th, 2008, 11:48 PM
  2. Is it a factory Mil Spec 230?
    By migz in forum Stock Tech
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: April 10th, 2008, 04:22 PM
  3. Pics of factory Hard top ?
    By Elohim1 in forum Stock Tech