Thread: Cheapest waterpump w/pully.

Default Cheapest waterpump w/pully.

Welp, I just added water and of course antifreeze to the radiator for Thursday's scheduled run up. About 20 minutes later I saw a few drops of green water under the front,,,,crap. Traced it back to the bearing area of the waterpump.
    Does anybody know the cheapest place to get one with pulley? Need one asap.

I am of no help, but after reading quite a few "water pump" threads, I have yet to see one that has anywhere you can buy one. Sorry.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I think VPW had some rebuilt ones for exchange and so did Memphis Equipment. Not cheap though.

Before you condemn it though, I think I'd try to run it first. I've installed new pumps that had a small drip or two from the weep hole only to have them seal themselves after a heat/cool cycle. Doesn't always work, but worth a shot before shelling out the coin for one.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I will check my stock pile to see what I have. I did have to replace my waterpump and was able to remove and reinstall the pully.

Warthog
    Live like you will die tomorrow. Dream like you will live forever!!!

Wow, thats amazing. You could probably make some extra money doing pully removal/repalcement....seriously.
    I bit the bullet and ordered one, that has now taken the place of my birthday present. Oh well, a waterpump is better than new socks anyday. Thanks for checking WH. If you find an extra you don't need I'd sure like to have a spare.

Check with Vintage Power Wagons in Iowa. They bought literally "tons" of M715 parts a few years back from a Gov't supplier. So far they have found every part I needed.