Thread: Brake Part Numbers

Default Brake Part Numbers

I was hoping I could infringe upon Stock Tech to get the wheel cylinder and master cylinder part numbers so I can get them from NAPA.
    I can't get the manuals part pages to load on my mac. I get the message (The requested URL /manuals/parts_file/partsmenu.html was not found on this server.) I even fired up my crappy window computer and could not gain access.

Could someone give me a hand so I can order parts on monday.

NAPA nor any other local parts house carries the stock cylinders. AB Linn on ebay or Memphis equipment may have them.

What most people do is convert to the ford E350 van cylinder. You only have to enlarge the mounting holes slightly and the bolt thwm on.

Here is a writeup

Wheel Cylinder Conversion

And for safety reasons alot of people upgrade to a dual master cylinder

Wheel Cylinder Conversion
    Live like you will die tomorrow. Dream like you will live forever!!!

Thanks
    It's been 15 years since I monkeyed with a 715 I had and don't remember what I did for brakes then.
    Adios

The napa numbers for the orignals: master cyl UP2100 wheel cyls are UP18290 L and UP18291 R. The maser cyl bore is 1" and the wheel cyls are 1 1/8" all around. I havent used the NAPA wheel cyls before and the listing is mixed up as to the line fitting size, it shows them as 2 different sizes in the listings, so im not sure what size they really are. The brake lines are 1/4 " tubing size.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Little correction: the stock wheel cylinders are 1 1/16ths bore...it is in the manuals and on the parts...rest is dead on!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

interesting- online manual lists bore at 1 1/16, my copy of tm9 2320-244-24 dated 1967 lists bore at 1 1/8 anyone got one to measure?
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

They say on the cups in mine that they are 1 1/16th.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!