Thread: Custom Length Brake Hoses

Jester Guest

Question Custom Length Brake Hoses

Anyone know where to get custom length/fitting brake hoses (not braided stainless)?

I need a special hose for my hydraulic clutch conversion. Yes I could use Russell -AN lines and fittings but they are too $$$. A plain old rubber line would be fine if I could find the right fittings and length.

Many local NAPA stores and similar places have the capability to make up such hoses. Some companies that service heavy equipment have everything on a service truck and will show up and make what you need,
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

There is one here I told you it was yours if you wanted it. I suppose you need to come and get it though.

might try this place....discounthydraulichose.com

MRS Fiberglass & Rubber
    341 E Brooks Rd
    Memphis, TN 38109
    (901) 396-3918

There warehouse is amazing. They can make brake, hydraulic, fuel, A/C lines, conveyor belts, any sized rubber mat, pump hoses, etc.

If you can give them the specifications, they can make it. Ask for a quote. Too bad their not online.

Justin

Default Brake hoses

EVCO made all my custom length brake hoses. They weren't very expensive.

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    There is one here I told you it was yours if you wanted it. I suppose you need to come and get it though.
    I might use that one too - but was looking for one even longer than that.

Not trying to argue but something to consider here:

When I did my truck, I changed all my brake lines over to braided stainless. I bought a single 12' roll of 3AN from Summit with a bunch of re-usable ends/adapters. While the initial cost is a bit more, I only carry ONE line (cut to length) in my spares with some ends for it. Also in a pinch I could make up a new line standing on the side of a trail. In your situation, it could serve for clutch and brake spares in one.

So the initial investment may be a bit higher, but there are some other factors to consider as well.

Trenton, Seattle brake and clutch now does custom length hoses. I noticed a flyer the last time in there. Give em a call, they're on 6th ave just south of Spokane st.