Thread: Fuel Tank leak

Question Fuel Tank leak

Hi all,
    Need assitance from the experts. I pulled the tank to repair a pinhole leak, noting that the tank is in good shape. Sealed the hole wthout problems and reinstalled. I still have a slow leak that appears to be in the seam. Is there a special trick to repair the seam, even though I can see no sign of damage or rust. How best to get this sealed? Thanks in advance!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Seam leaks are a bit hard to weld, so the best thing is an internal sealer. We only use Caswell's for sealing tanks now. It's resistant to ethanol and will seal pretty much anything.

It ain't cheap, but it is the only thing I have found that actually works and stays put:

http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/epoxygas.htm
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Our tank has about half a square foot of JB-Weld smeared on the outside... fixed most of the leaks. Still have one weeping spot, but ignoring it for now. Should work on seams too.

--Randy

Similar Threads

1. Fuel tank
    By CHRIS UNGER in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 29th, 2009, 02:38 PM
  2. gas tank leak & increased love for my 715
    By syzygy in forum Stock Tech
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2009, 12:15 AM
  3. EWwWwW. Found my fuel leak.
    By SouthernM715 in forum Open Discussion