Thread: question of money

Default question of money

i am getting ready to sell a braden lu4 winch as a kit cleaned painted and complete with everything needed from the bumpers to the pto the drive shafts the pto all mounts and the lever just needs a new cable and all the seals any idea how much i should ask for it???????????

I have seen them go for 1200. If you have recipts, you can probably get it.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Quote Originally Posted by gimpyrobb View Post
    I have seen them go for 1200. If you have recipts, you can probably get it.
    And I struggled to sell my LU4 complete with EVERYTHING minus PTO for $750, after weeks of advertising in several sites.

Default lu4

I saw Mike was trying to sell his complete set up like that. I think he was asking $650 for his.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mac View Post
    I saw Mike was trying to sell his complete set up like that. I think he was asking $650 for his.
    Of course, when I was looking for mine, all I could find were $2000 sets

I think it there are a few factors. Many people are struggling with money, so the prices will come down since not many people have a grand+ for a winch.

Then, having one shipped on a pallet or crated isn't going to be cheap - figure a hundred bucks to ship it or a few bucks more.

Then, many winches will need some maintenance, a cable, etc. and that tacks on more money.

Personally, I could not see spending a penny more than a grand for a perfect Braden winch - just my two cents. Other than the "wow cool" factor, how many times will it really be utilized? If you're really going to use a winch, you'd be better off buying a like new, used heavy duty Warn in new shape for under a grand and as far as resale value, many people would be interested in buying it since it can fit any vehicle. A junkyard around here just had a 10,000 or 12,000 pound (I forget) Warn like new off a newer Dodge Ram that was totalled and they sold it for $500 - the winch was only a year old, if that!

I get it for the restored rigs that guys want the Braden, but how many restored M715's are really winching themselves out of mudpits and out of deep mud? Not many...

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to have and cool to look at, but spending that much money at this time isn't gonna happen.

There is a lot to be said for a PTO winch. As long as the motor is running you are moving. Try an electric winch for long pulls. Battery is dead and you stop. Hydro is better but they still give up. As long as nothing breaks the Braden / PTO winch will get you out.
    I have been there done that.
    Just my 2 pennies.

OH It has the cool factor too.

Sermis, post once more and you will have 500.

$400 to $500 sounds like a fair price.
    IMHO
    Redneck1
    Tree, WHAT Tree officer?