Thread: Adding an Overdrive to T98

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone had given thought to adding an overdrive to our T98s. I’ve seen a few 3 speed T96 trannys with an electric overdrive on the tail end and was wondering if it could be modified to fit our T98 by replacing the T98 yoke with a spline adapter or something. Any one have any thoughts or comments?

Thanks Jeff

I have the ranger III overdrive from AA. It sits in between my T98 and 350 (T98 adapted with short cheby input shaft).
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

I have a Ranger II that is going to go between my Olds 455 and the T98. I'm hoping that the Ranger will move the engine forward away from the firewall...

" hoping that the Ranger will move the engine forward away from the firewall... "

That's how I did it... cheb 350...left the tranny in stock location, o/d pushed motor fwd 7-3/8". Had to use push electric fans in front of the radiator for clearance.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Default Pics of my tailgate-

I had a Chevy 350 in mine with the Novak kit, and I was not too pleased with the distance (or lack of thereof) between the engine and firewall. I hope I can use a short mechanical fan with the Ranger and the 455. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Thanks for the replies can anyone reccomend source for used ranger overdirves, what vehicals, if any did came stock with them?

Thanks again

Jeff

What you guys talking about??? What does this do and how much does it cost to do it?

Wildin: as far as I know, no vehicle came stock w/Ranger... if you check out Advance Adapters website you can take a peek at the thing, it's like a mini-transmision really. And not free either....$1500 w/o shipping, so not awful but that's some bread.

Also not sure if it will fit a t98.... only has applications listed for Chevy, Ford, and Land Cruiser.... hmm. Oh, I see Kaiser used an adapter shaft. Well, AA can surely hook you up w/that too LOL>..
    **I heart Bump_r **