Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Everywhere!

Default Oil Everywhere!

Never thought that the engine oil drain plug was so huge that the port was also huge. Warmed up the truck, crawled under there with a pan and removed the plug. Woosh! The oil came out with so much force through that large hole it missed the pan, soaked me and was all over my nice new concrete floor! I still smell of oil!
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

D'oh! That is a good thing to keep in mind when I do my first oil change later this year.

Zach

Been there done that...
    Zone holster maker

Bet it don't happen again!!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Try that with a Deuce that holds around 5 gallons of oil in the crankcase.....Ask me how I know......
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Try it with a final drive on a huge piece of mining equipment when the oil is hot my buddy smells like burnt gear oil 2 weeks later

It has been suggested that a kids swimming pool is the best way to actually collect the oil drained from a M35A2. It might apply to a M715 as well.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    It has been suggested that a kids swimming pool is the best way to actually collect the oil drained from a M35A2. It might apply to a M715 as well.
    Run down to your local Home Depot or Lowes and pick up a mortar pan. They are plastic, heavy duty, and come in an 8 gallon version for $7.99 or and 11 gallon version for $12.99.

I have used mine for the Deuce and my tractor and anything that holds large amounts of oil or antifreeze.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I took the metal spare tire cover off the back of and old junk van...it will easily hold a 235 75 15 tire...or everything that wants to drain out of an auto trans with no drain plug or....

Cut the bottom off a 55 gallon drum, it holds the 44 quarts from a Cummins diesel. Then pour it in a old milk can and recycle it ,or I've heard it can be used for starting brush piles on fire. (makes a hot fire)