Thread: choices choices

Wink choices choices

Ok so the dodge is stripped and most of the spare parts are sold or traded and I took charlie to my buddys shop to start the reincarnation but already the budget has been cut(got a pregnat wife)so I'm torn between going on with the onboard air (york compresser)so I can install the arb airlocker in the front d60
    Or I can buy the 38"swamper sx's to install on the recentered H1 rims
    I already have 3 new 36" H1 tires if I buy 1 more I'll use them as street tires. I have 4 good used H1 tires that my buddys say we can cut if I buy the pizza and beer but they are to small for charlie as I want all the clearance under the axles I can get off road but as street tires they are the right size to keep the dodge 360 in the right rpm range with the nv4500 and 4.56 gears
    So I guess I just want to hear everyones thoughts on this so I can sort it out
    With bad tires and a detriot in the rear I'm already going everywhere I fit but more traction means I won't have to abuse the truck as much to do it
    So post away and everyone choose sides between a airlocker and tires

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I'd go for the tires were it me.

A front locker is nice, but not absolutely necessary. Plus, when funds are back up, you can always pick up an ARB and do a weekend swap.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Im running 38.5 boggers on the 725 and as heavy as it is the tireshave only slightly rubbed on an extreme turn with max articulation. ive wheeled it alot and even with open diffs I can go just about anywhere with it but being a 725 the back is heavier and cant crawl like the 715's can. I was in Iowa wheeling the first time with it and trying to crawl a hill the forward momentum stopped and it actually put all the weight on the rear tires causing the front end to come up off the ground and forcing me to hit the clutch and backing down the hill. boggers are good off road but not for highway use and cut hummer tires aught to work good.
    I have a set of the bias ply 36 in. hummer tires and wheels that Im going to use on the 715 when I put the body on a 3/4 chevy frame this summer and im going to use the nv4500 too along with a divorced 205 and 4.56 gears and it should be good on the highway and offroad if all goes well?
    as far as a front locker, Im open front and back but while riding with doug in his truck Ive only seen on time where a front locker would have been nice. i think a rear locker would be more necessary than a front in most circumstances but in my opinion, with a front locker I think you would have to be alot easier on it as the stock axles are somewhat weaker and more prone to break when all four tires arent on the ground and all the force is put on one side and not allowed to free wheel . just my opinion and now a rule to go by. LOL!
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715