Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: highway speed issues.

I'll bet the mark on the driver's seat still shows it!

Quote Originally Posted by chadriley5 View Post
    i cant imagine 115 in m-715 how was the pucker factor?
    Not much drama at all. Like I said it's not something you want to do for any length of time due to the low speed rating of the XZLs but for a quick romp up there and back no worries. I spent many, many hours refining my M715 to drive like any other modern 1-ton pickup, possibly better than some...

I have driven and ridden in Mudog715's truck...it is a well built piece of machinery that moves like the wind if you flatten the gas pedal...amazingly strong...and he has built it higher since I have seen it...that was in 2000...

I just bought a 715. It has a chevy small block v8 in it and an auto tranny from a corvette. I need to do a little research to find out exactly what the hp for the motor is and which tranny it is. I want to change out the gears to get a little better high end speed. Could someone hazard a guess as to what the cost would be to have a garage put in the 4.56 gears vs the 4.10 which seems to be more involved.

Thanks--just trying to get an idea of what I'm up against.

Quote Originally Posted by chadriley5 View Post
    i cant imagine 115 in m-715 how was the pucker factor?
    try running 100 in a 725 on boggers, scary and all over the road but the emergency required it to get my step daughter to the hospital.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    I have driven and ridden in Mudog715's truck...it is a well built piece of machinery that moves like the wind if you flatten the gas pedal...amazingly strong...and he has built it higher since I have seen it...that was in 2000...
    Thanks John for the fine compliments. Hopefully I can make it to a future FE and give you an opportunity to drive the "version 3.3" of The Beast... I'm still waiting for the engine builder to finish my freshly-stroked 460 (now 521) which dumps the "mild" flat-tappet cam for a "moderate" roller cam. I've been distracted by other, non-M715 projects for the last 9 months but I'm anxious to get The Beast back on the road if only because I miss driving it around town and off-road.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    try running 100 in a 725 on boggers, scary and all over the road but the emergency required it to get my step daughter to the hospital.
    A stock 725 is kinda spooky to drive on the highway stock, let alone at 100mph on Boggers. That would be REAL pucker-factor!

Mudog, I would be honored to drive yoursagain...would love even more to spend time with ya!!