Thread: Brake lines -Dana 60 chevy

Default Brake lines -Dana 60 chevy

Putting a CUCV Dana 60 up front and a 14bolt in the rear. For those that have done this--did you use an off the shelf brake line? Such as one for a 3/4 ton chevy or??? Obviously it would attach on the axle side wondering about the stock line side. Any issues with length?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk715 View Post
    Putting a CUCV Dana 60 up front and a 14bolt in the rear. For those that have done this--did you use an off the shelf brake line? Such as one for a 3/4 ton chevy or??? Obviously it would attach on the axle side wondering about the stock line side. Any issues with length?
    when i did mine i used AN lines and fittings, but my suggestion for using aff the shelf parts is to order the drop line and two outers for a 91 dodge d250 with a cummins. it gives you a single drop line instead of two, and two little rubber lines at the knuckle. seems alot cleaner to me and the drop can be more in the middle and protected. you may want to make sure there will be enough length in the drop line if you go that route because i think they are a little short. if you need a longer one use the rear drop line for 2000 dodge 2500 diesel. they are plenty long and also usually come with little clips on them that are cool for routing breather lines or ARB lines along with the brake hose.

this is my front

you can see the soft lines to the calipers in this one

i did the same basice set up in the rear with the 14 bolt with disc brakes

i also swapped a hydroboost from the axle donor truck so i had to rerun all of the brakelines anyhow. if you go with the single drop you will have to run the front brake line to the drop. if you go with dual drop lines i would just get stock chevrolet k30 lines unless you need more length, then you can order extended lines from summit, or any of the major lift it companies. stock k30 ones will be for 3/16" double flare with a larger than normal tubing nuts. you will need an adapter to go to the stock m715 1/4" double flare. that is unless there are 3/16" lines up front on the 715, i don't really remember.

ryan
    Last edited by ryanroo; March 29th, 2009 at 08:54 PM.
    67 #18820 mostly stock...