Thread: Exhaust

Default Exhaust

I just got done installing a 440/727 and am going to get the exhaust done. I was wondering where other people had routed there exhaust. I was wanting to angle out chrome tips on both sides infront of the rear tires, but I'm not sure it thats going to work because of gas tank clearance, everything is at stock locations (except motor and trans). Just wandering what others have done in the past.

Chrome???????

Probably stainless, but Yes, the only shiny thing on the jeep, except inside engine compartment

Had mine bent by a shop for a 725 with a SBC. It's a dual set up, R/S side basically straight back, L/S crosses over to the R/S just behind transfer case. Both pipes go into 1 dual inlet, dual outlet Flowmaster. Then it splits out to both sides at rear axel to dump behind rear tires. Aluminum coated pipes, no chrome or stainless. Stainless was way to costly at the time. Been through I think 4 winters now and it still looks pretty good considering all the salt.

I had mine run under the frame right behind the spring mount-tucked up under the cab outside the rail and exiting behind the cab. They did a nice job-All welded-no pipe clamps-with the good hangers. It isnt hanging down looking like cr*p-- a little on the loud side when you jump on it but your certainly not going to crush it. If you do your crushing alot of other stuff as well.