Thread: Need non M715 style inner tube for XL

Question Need non M715 style inner tube for XL

You may have seen my other post about scorinng four 39x11.00x16 XL's that I put on my trail rig. As big/tall as these tires are I cannot use one of my 35's and I have a couple older XL's that have some dry rot issues that would make a usable spare. We had mounted one as a test fit before buying the new XL's but it would not seal against the rim (I think the homemade beadlocks on the stock rims distorted the tire). It was on my M715 with a stock tube without issue so I think it will work fine as long as I put a tube back in it.

So...where can I find a tube to fit the XL when mounted on a conventional rim? The stock tube will obviously not work, valve is in the wrong location, valve stem is too long and its bent at 90 degrees. Anyone have something that will work and want to trade for a stock tube?

You might check the tubes at Universal Vintage Tire, they've got a good selection. Or you could try a local industrial tire rep. We've got a few in my area, between them I've been able to find everything I've looked for.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Richard, do you have a big Goodyear store around you? One of the places that handle heavy truck should be able to fix you up. Get over closer to 95 and I am sure you'll find one. Most older trailer tires on tractor-trailers are tube type and some used a straight valve stem like you need. Just be sure it is a radial tube.

Oh, and I forgot to add: Tractor Supply. They have a pretty decent selection of tubes too for radials and trucks. Correct stems to.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™