Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vin #

Default Vin #

were on my m715 can i find the VIN # thanks

Welcome to the zone.

The VIN # is on the data plate on the dash. If the data plate is missing, the VIN is stamped into the frame in two places. One on top on the frame behind the right rear tire. Second on top of the frame by the right (passenger) radiator mount. Brute4c has posted the location many time before. I will try to find it.

All of the VIN#s are 5 digits long.

At the top of the page is the Online Maintenance Manuals. Download them and read, read, read.

Just about everything question you have has been asked before. The search tab above will become your best friend.

Warthog
    Live like you will die tomorrow. Dream like you will live forever!!!

The rear stamping is usually directly above the axle tube on the flat part of the frame flange. A wire brush and a flashlight held sideways will reveal it.

And WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Heres the locations:

Default So, Brute, Re-post this often ;)

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Heres the locations:

do you get post credit everytime for this re-post

Maybe I should make it the site logo??

It does come up often...

Default Legibility?

I also had some posts about this. I have never found mine, even after bead blasting the frame. How big were the numbers? Were they a deep impression, like the frame mfg. number found at the spring shackles?
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

My first truck's #'s were not deep but were distinct enough to read easily. This truck isn't marked in either place or perhaps due to the amount of rust they've dissapeared.
    Most were unevenly struck by hand from the looks of it.

i still have # plates on dash i have 3 different ones i dont think any of them have been removed. does anyone know which tag the VIN is on? i looked for the one behind the tire but couldnt find it

If you have the dash tag that states the "Mfr. Serial #", it should be a number between 10000 and 36000.