Thread: whats the biggest tires that will fit with a spring over lift

Default whats the biggest tires that will fit with a spring over lift

if you do the spring over lift what would be the tallest tires you can use without problems of rubbing or a little rubbing . and with this said i plain on only going through deep mud , water holes and just driving through the mountain trails and roads made by other 4 wheelers . im not into rock crawling and seeing how hard and far i can push my truck until it gets stuck or something brakes . just love to go trail driving with other friends and just dont want to get stuck or stranded deep in the woods and mountains . also we climb pipe lines and old logging roads the mountains of west virginia , kentucky , ohio , virginia and Tennessee . i also dont need 36 inches of articulation in the suspention to go through places a billy goat would have a hard time getting through . dont get me wrong im not afraid of doing some good hard off roading but just i use my comon sense and know when to say when . im going to have a 10,000 lbs winch for when i do get stuck and to get unstuck with out breaking something . so do you think xzl's 1600 x 20 would be to big , what would the biggest you would go . but what would you have to do to be able to run xzl's 1600 x 20 on a m715

I know a 39.5 will fit and work well.
    I know a 44 wont fit.

I have heard that 42's will fit and will rub but I dont know how bad.

To run a 49 inch tire, one member did a spring over with rockwell axles and carved the fenders about as far as is earthly possible and still have something between the cab floor and the engine compartment. 16.00-20 tires are 3 inches taller than that.

You would need several inches of lift after a springover...like 6 plus...and some carvng to fit such tires...and new axles, the stock ones dont have a prayer of holding up.

That's mine with only a springover and rockwell axles running 11.00r20 Michelin on military split rims. Mine is not rubbing but the truck is not for hardcore wheeling ....

Rockwells / Cummins / 3053A
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Quote Originally Posted by randall555 View Post
    so do you think xzl's 1600 x 20 would be to big , what would the biggest you would go . but what would you have to do to be able to run xzl's 1600 x 20 on a m715
    As a matter of fact, I DO have pictures of what they look like!
    SOA, 2.5" body lift on the front.
    Rockwell axles.

And on 44" tires.
    SAO and body lift on front.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze12volts View Post
    That's mine with only a springover and rockwell axles running 11.00r20 Michelin on military split rims. Mine is not rubbing but the truck is not for hardcore wheeling ....
    Yeah, the narrow tires like that make it a lot easier to fit the taller tires.
    My 44" tires rubbed a little in the front when turning and articulating.

i have 46 inch michelins on m ine i trimmed the fenders up to the body lines i had a set of wheels built by marsh racing wheels with maximum offset everything clears with a spring over

I did a springover ft shackle flip rear. I moved the rear bump stops to the front and I am able to clear 42-15.5-16.5 on my modified stock wheel with no rubbing on the fenders and just a little bit on the front spring at a full turn. I removed 2 leaves fron the rear suspension and I cant remember if I pulled any out of the front.
    even at full articulation (which isnt that much) I clear all parts of the body.