Thread: Flat tire

Jester Guest

Thumbs down Flat tire

Have not driven the truck since last week. Went out to get in the other car today and noticed that the right rear tire on the M715 is flat. BUMMER. Nothing that I can see stuck in it. Valve steam is not leaking.

Guess I will have to pull it off and throw on the spare for now. If I cant find an obvious reason, just going to run it over to the tire shop.

Trenton,
    I swapped tires from my m truck to my high boy ford and the tire shop did'nt clean the rust flakes that accumulated on the back side of the bead that happened from years of sitting on the m truck wheels. Make sure you/they wirebrush all the rust from the inside of the tire opposite of where the bead seat up. I brought them back twice untill I had them bust the tire off the rim and clean it myself. No flat as of yet!

Jester Guest

Since I mounted all the tires, I only have myself to blame.

Pulled the wheel off and mounted the spare. Pulled the tire apart and the tube out. Pumped it up and nothing obvious.

Filled up the claw foot tub (the GF was laughing at me) and found a tiny pin hole. Checked the tire in the same spot and nothing there. Dunno.

Cleaned out the tire. Patched the tube. Put it all back together. Dang - I am tired now. Those things are heavy.