Thread: Like new Superlugs

Default Like new Superlugs

Started calling around today to find tires and some odd's and end's. Found an ad for Berg Tire in NC, (910) 485-8800. Talked to a guy named Allen who sold me (4) 900x16 McCreary Superlug's for 60.00 apiece! He said two were BRAND NEW, one was used @95% and one was blemished but 95% +. With shipping and all it came to $312.00.
    He said he had only 14 left but all were solid, no cracking, good beads etc, parade ready tires. The shipment will arrive Friday or Monday and I'll post plenty of pics as soon as they get here. (I hope I didn't get hosed again)

I got exactly what they said they were, they're good people to deal with.

Good news. Thanks Saxon, he sounded like a straight up kind of guy.

I have not heard anything bad about them, other than they can't keep the popular tires in stock.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Thought you were restoring your truck to OEM?
    Zone holster maker

Well I was. That is, I am.... Sorta.

Let me explain. The tires I have on it now are barely able to hold the bare frame up, they're shot. I talked to several dealers including Lucas, Wallace Wade, and Coker. The best price I got was from WW for a set of 5 was $929.00 for NDT's. I even convinced my wife that " a thousand bucks for tires was a deal".
    And then I called Berg. Allen told me he had the Superlugs for 60 apiece and it got me to thinking that I could use the savings for a whole lot of other stuff like interior covers, a new top and if I cut it really close maybe even a new (used but new to me) MIG welder.
    I actually had a set on the last truck and they looked like they belonged there really. And only the absolute purist will know they're not issue.
    Beside's, if I do wind up keeping this one for awhile, then I'll be glad to have the extra traction.
    All the other stuff on the truck will be dead-on stock.

Quote Originally Posted by fng View Post
    Well I was. That is, I am.... Sorta.

Let me explain. The tires I have on it now are barely able to hold the bare frame up, they're shot. I talked to several dealers including Lucas, Wallace Wade, and Coker. The best price I got was from WW for a set of 5 was $929.00 for NDT's. I even convinced my wife that " a thousand bucks for tires was a deal".
    And then I called Berg. Allen told me he had the Superlugs for 60 apiece and it got me to thinking that I could use the savings for a whole lot of other stuff like interior covers, a new top and if I cut it really close maybe even a new (used but new to me) MIG welder.
    I actually had a set on the last truck and they looked like they belonged there really. And only the absolute purist will know they're not issue.
    Beside's, if I do wind up keeping this one for awhile, then I'll be glad to have the extra traction.
    All the other stuff on the truck will be dead-on stock.
    I just mounted some that I bought from Kaiserman on here. They look great, ride great, have much better traction and look like they belong on the truck.

I'd still like some 11.00 x 16 Michelin's, but this would be my close second choice.
    1967 M715 w/w #11812