Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.2 keep cool / stop

Default 6.2 keep cool / stop

Will the stock radiator keep a 6.2 cool. I and fixing to do a motor swap and axle swap on the M725. At 7mpg I have to do some thing or park it. I have a good 6.2, just need the manual flywheel, and also have CUCV axles, 4.56 to swap in with disk on all 4.
    Will a manual 4 wheel drum corvette master work with 4 wheel disk or will I need another master?

Dont know on the radiator.

Discs need a lot more fluid than drums...I would think a 4 drum mter would be unsuitable for disc...

Is that the master Spicer came up with? If so, I thought it was 4 wheel disc anyway...maybe you have something else though...

It has been a while so I don't remember on the master. I think it was a 74 vet master but don't remember if drum / drum or disk / disk. I will have to get numbers off of it and check.

74...GM...would have front discs at least in every application.

4 wheel discs non power. I think it was 76. Luckypabst was the original with that one I believe.

From what I've read on here, the stock radiator might do fine for a bit, but most people end up going to a larger, 4-core radiator on anything bigger than the stock 230 tornado...

for brakes you should have kept the hydroboost from the donor vehicle.

You should be able to get rid of your stock axles as well. I just sold 2 sets of stock m715 axles for $300 each. Apparently, the mudders around here like them.

Disc brakes also run at a higher pressure than drums, so the proportioning valve is different than the drums also.

The stock radiator will do fine with a 6.2 for as long as you need it. Although I've never driven my truck in temps over 100 degrees outside temp.

Forgot to mention, you'll need to make some adapters for the disel rad hoses to mate with the radiator. Just cut out two 2" sections of the old hose and slip them on the inlet and outlet. Then jam the bigger hoses over them and clamp them down. Easy, free, and secure.