Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M715 firetruck

Default M715 firetruck

Hello, I'm new here. I'm interested in M715's as firetrucks and I've seen a few forsale. I've seen a few M715's made into firetrucks/brushtrucks by local fire depts, but were any M715's made for the military as firetrucks? I can't seem to find any pictures if this is true.

Thanks,
    Greg

Most military fire trucks were made and purchased as such by the time the 715's appeared, a handful of m-37's were built as R-2 crash trucks, but no 715's.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

I have seen several M715's converted into Firetrucks, and most FD's that have had them are very dissapointed when they get rid of them, yes the new trucks are faster and more plush, but for a good ol' fashioned brush truck, most love them!

There are two for sale here in Oregon right now.
    Last edited by 503m715; January 26th, 2009 at 10:31 PM.

I have to ask where and how much?

Not that I need another one but....
    Kevin
    68 M715 Modified

I would like to one day find one myself that is fully operational.it would come in handy

look at GSA.

Look at the SS sides and chearch for fire trucks. You will find some fire truck without standard equipment built to the use of the actual fire department.
    Wolf

Watch GSA I recently saw some that were being sold off with the equip. still loaded in the back. I think it was up in the Northwest also.

There are several companies that make skids to put in pickup truck beds to "convert" them to brush truck use. Some departments build their own. Some even go the extra mile and weld up exo cages, brush bars, etc.

The one I own was "built" by members of the FD. The water tank was an old oil tank, and they had a small gas pump in the bed, a few lengths of flexible hard suction, and a ton of brush hose, brush rakes, backpack style water cans, axes, etc. One line was always kept partially charged and coiled in a basket at the just below the roof line above the water tank in the bed. They used nice heavy duty tubing to make a bed rack (or whatever you call it...)

More at: http://m715.djb.eml.cc/