Thread: Goodyear MT tires - Mil Spec Hummer tires

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Goodyear MT tires - Mil Spec Hummer tires

Been looking at possibly doing the Hummer wheel thing.

Tires appear to be plentiful on ebay. On a whim I just won an auction for 4 for $100 (plus shipping).

Now I need to decide to do the Hummer Rim conversion mentioned elsewhere or just have Marsh make a new set that will fit.

Anyone have any feedback on the tires or stories of those who have gone ahead and used them?

Hell, for the price...I might even put them on my TJ!

You get the 36 bias plys or the 37 radials?

I have had both on my M101 trailer. The 36" tires pull better.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

The auction was a set of 4 of the 37" radials with 65% tread left. I don't mind the used aspect so much since I just need a road worthy set. I've asked if it's possible to add a 5th to the package since the seller has multiple listings for the tires.

I've also located another seller who has the rims listed at $25 a peice. Depending on the answer I get on pirate 4x4 on the inserts, this looks like the way to go.

Those big radials look nice, handle well, are very quiet on the road, and have absolutely no off-road traction. Snow, sand, mud, dry dirt, it makes no difference. Really. I just took them off a truck due to it being really helpless off-road.

I know some guys who run the bias 36s and like them a lot better, especially when the center ribs are notched with a grooving iron.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DNL View Post
    Those big radials look nice, handle well, are very quiet on the road, and have absolutely no off-road traction. Snow, sand, mud, dry dirt, it makes no difference. Really. I just took them off a truck due to it being really helpless off-road.

I know some guys who run the bias 36s and like them a lot better, especially when the center ribs are notched with a grooving iron.

Dave
    Then it sounds like a good fit for me right now. Cheap and road worthy.

I forgot cheap. That is a huge selling point for me also!

Dave