Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel replacement

Default Wheel replacement

I would like to put new wheels & tires on my m715. Does anyone sell replacement wheels or custom make the 6 on 7.25. I haven't been able to find anyone in Kansas City willing to work on the split-rims.

Marsh Racing Wheels makes rims in that bolt pattern. http://www.mrt-wheels.com/boltpatternref.html

Welcome to the zone!
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

First off, we don't have split rims, we have have Military safety ring rims. There is a big difference between the two types, and it is especially important when talking with a tire mounting company that you use the proper terms so they know what they are mounting. Most new style tire shops freak out when you use the word "split ring" that's why is seams to be always best to find the oldest tire shop around with the old grey haired guy behind the counter. They usually look at them and "no problem". The big difference is that with the safety ring, once the bead of the tire touches the ring, there is no way for it to come off like the old split rings. The bead of the tire locks the ring into the safety groove of the rim so it can not go anywhere. This allows you to seat the beads fully without the fear of popping the rings off.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Stockton Tires, http://stocktonwheel.com/heavy_duty.html

you want the Power wagon 24 series(either of the first two)

Ditto On the Stocktons 67 Smith posted.

These are HEAVY DUTY, and I doubt they could be harmed "easily".
    They are really thick and Well constructed.

Granted a 60 MPH hit into a curb would bend them, but normal driving and even very tough trail riding will not ever hurt them

More expensive then the Marsh Racing Wheels, but if You want durability,,, the Stocktons are much much stronger... and heavier...
    and DOT rated for Highway use as well.

They will powder coat them in the color of Your choice...

The Flat Black is pretty FLAT and looks really good.

You can save Money With Marsh.

Stockton Photos Here and Measurements:

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/Bl...0series%2016x8
    hostis est intra portas tuas

yes the stock m715 has split rims identicle to early semi trucks of the period.

If you go to my photo album on my User CP page, you can see and read the information on re-centered HUMMER wheels and tires.
    Mike Cougler, MSgt, USAF Retired, '72-93
    '67 M725, VIN 10030, Delivery: 7/67
    Rochester, NY

The M715 does NOT have split rim wheels...the wheels that are split rims are different than the M715 rims...

M715 trucks use a Split Safety Ring type wheel...they are a much safer, and if properly maintained and installed, they present no fly apart problems like actual Split Rim wheels do.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I guess we disagree, split rims are the old tube type rims , some are 2 piece and some are 3 piece. all I,ve ever seen are 2 piece on m715,s. jmo and I,am a knowbody.
    morgan

Quote Originally Posted by md1970 View Post
    I guess we disagree, split rims are the old tube type rims , some are 2 piece and some are 3 piece. all I,ve ever seen are 2 piece on m715,s. jmo and I,am a knowbody.
    morgan
    Once you dismount a military safety ring rim you will be able to clearly see the difference between safety rings and split rings type rims. There is a huge difference as to how the ring mounts.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/