Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of McInfantry's 4BT install

Jester Guest

Question Pics of McInfantry's 4BT install

Does anyone have pics saved of Lee Alessi's (McInfantry) 4BT install? All his web links are dead. Would like to know how he did it w/o a spring over.

He actually did a spring under. I don't have any of his pictures.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    He actually did a spring under. I don't have any of his pictures.
    Yup. That is what I have seen on other boards. Wanna see how he made it work.

Just put the engine in up high. My engine centerline is right in line with the t.case, which is very close to the floor. However, I still have plenty of room to lift the engine/trans up, which I might do this Spring

I put a pair of Dodge Dana 60/70 in my ī63 Jeep J300 (not THAT different from a M715). The D60 is SUA, as I didnīt need that much lift. Iīm in Spain right now and I donīt have good pictures of the suspension but this might help.

I did end up having to outboard the springs a bit outside the frame (probably near where stock M715 springs are, but not as far out as the post style mounts had them initially), weld new perches - The one on the diff side is welded both to the tube and to the diff (high nickel filler) and I cut about 1" of the ribbing in that side, which I think was more than made up for with the perch. The reason for outboarding the springs was to cut as little as possible of that rib.

Jester Guest

I am nowhere near ready for a swap but I like to have a goal in mind. I would be concerned about raising the motor too high. My NP205 is about as high as it can go now w/o cutting the floor.

Was Lee running the 200 or a 205?

Lee was running a NP200.

The 230 is a pretty tall motor... my 4BT measures roughly the same height from the top of the intake to the bottom of the oil pan.

I don't see any problems installing the 4BT. I have my 230 and trans sitting in the truck (unbolted) attached to a hoist - waiting for a visit from the traveling horde. It's going to a good home in another state. I'll get busy on the (Cummins/3053-A/Atlas II) install when the 230 goes to it's new home.

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    Lee was running a NP200.

The 230 is a pretty tall motor... my 4BT measures roughly the same height from the top of the intake to the bottom of the oil pan.

I don't see any problems installing the 4BT. I have my 230 and trans sitting in the truck (unbolted) attached to a hoist - waiting for a visit from the traveling horde. It's going to a good home in another state. I'll get busy on the (Cummins/3053-A/Atlas II) install when the 230 goes to it's new home.
    Very cool. What ratios in the Atlas? Are you doing a spring over? I would be torn between the NV4500 and the Spicer. Slightly better OD on the NV4500. The Spicer is tougher and no special fluid. Have you decided on axle ratios? Stock axles or D60/14B?

I will be interested to see your install.

I resemble that remark John.

Lee had a 205 in his M715. Here is a picture I took of it at the 2004 FE:
    [IMG][/IMG]

That is the only picture I have of it however.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw