Thread: 24 to 12 reducer?

Default 24 to 12 reducer?

Wonting to put a stereo under my seat. Does anyone sell a 24 volt to 12 volt reducer? Thanks David.

I know they exist and I have seen discussion on here before, I just don't know much about them. Probably if you searched around here some or even on google, you could come up with something. From what I've read, I can say that you are on the right track and that you don't want to just run it off one battery.

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1920&b ih=1001&q=24v+to+12v+converter&btnG=Google+Search# q=24v+to+12v+converter&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=bH7&sa=G&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&channel=s&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbs=shop:1 &tbo=u&ei=Bq6YTe2dNIXKgQeyptXJCA&ved=0CDgQrQQ&biw= 1920&bih=1001&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a667bbe411 eebc86

There's lots of them, both online and in truck stores. Trucks use them for running radios, coolers, and any normal automotive accessories. Switching is more efficient, linear is more precise and noise-free.

Beware the small "30A" box with six red, yellow, and black wires is a total ripoff, and only puts out 3-5A. (I bought one as a test, just to see, and sure enough, it couldn't even run a single fog lamp...)

How much power do you need?

I have a 10A linear one, brand new in box, that I'll send you for not much over the cost of shipping, if I can find it. Would be fine for running a standard head unit, but undersized for a power amp.

--Randy

Thanks for the link 97xjsp I couldnt run it off one battery becase they are junkioned if thats the right word for it. unless I got a third battery and I dont wont to do that. Thanks also to randygar. Thanks for the info and the offer but I think Ill hold out on a higher output one.