Thread: new owner

Default new owner

hi i'm a new owner of a m715. it is a 68 model and has usmc 389808 on the tail gate. if anyone has any info on this truck please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by southpawclark View Post
    hi i'm a new owner of a m715. it is a 68 model and has usmc 389808 on the tail gate. if anyone has any info on this truck please let me know.
    Hi, Southpaw! This belongs in the "Open" forum, rather than here in the "Forum for questions and comments on the website." One of the Admins will move it for you, but just be aware of the type of post you have and find the most appropriate forum for it.

But besides that, there might as well be another rule (since you're going to get asked!) that you can't post a question like that and not include pictures!!!!

Mine is painted USMC green, but I've never seen another other than what some other members have done. I'd love to see some pictures of that truck!

I'll leave it to some of the veterans here to help with what you can learn about that truck, but typically that's just in ID number. Do you have any bumper numbers on it? I guess that is what can tell you more about where the truck was based and such.

Welcome aboard!
    -- Tim Taylor

Welcome Southpaw and HURRAY!! a possible ORIGINAL Marine Corps M715. Providing that tailgate originally belonged to your truck. Look for the same numbers (Maybe painted over) on the hoods side and front bumper. Any unit tactical markings would be tailgate center or on centered door panel and possibly the front pumper also. Your vehicles serial number tells two things; first three figures (389) indicates the MC series identifier order number for M715s and the second three figures (808) tell that it was the eight hundred and eighth m715 manufactured on that order. MC designated these numbers to the manufacturer to use.