Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hummer bead lock wheels finished

Default Hummer bead lock wheels finished

I finished the rims for the M715 today. They are based on Hummer rims 16.5" X 8.25 wide. I cut the centers out and welded in some new 3/8 inch discs. I took a few photos.

Man I love Black and OD Green, cant wait to see them on a truck (please post up some pics when yo get done). I'm thinking of painting my truck OD with black stars and markings.

Jester Guest

Thumbs up

Very nice. Lets see 'em on the truck.

man they look great

That's going to look super sharp on an M715!

Here is a few pictures of the M715 among other junk in the yard. Thats my home-made CJ7 and TJ in the background. The pics are a little dark since the snow fools the camera into thinking it light out, but they look really good on the truck.

Those are 38.5X15X16.5" boggers. I was only able to get 4.75 inches of backspacing out of the Hummer rims. It would have been better if I could have made them 6 inches backspacing. They stick out 2.5 -- 3 inches past the fender flares.
    Last edited by phoenix; December 7th, 2008 at 04:31 PM.

Jester Guest

Lookin' good

that is extra nice. i want that exact tire. do you have an overall height setting on the truck?

i will have boggers someday
    Ryan

LOL Like my house, I have a TJ daily driver and a YJ sitting on 38's with no motor and a M715 that needs work. Wish I had a jeep tailgate for the M715.

Your truck looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    that is extra nice. i want that exact tire. do you have an overall height setting on the truck?

i will have boggers someday
    Ryan
    I have been following the build-up on your truck and it looks great. keep up the good work.

I just measured from the ground to the fender flares and both front and back measures 44 inches. All the suspension is stock. The tires, although they are supposed to be 38.5X15 are actually 36.6X13.25. I was kind of disapointed that they weren't wider. Maybe the 39.5X18 boggers would be 38.5X15, but I think between the two sizes it was a huge difference in price. I think around 170.00 more each. Now I just need to see if the spare tire fits in its original spot or if I have to modify the upper "bumpers" under the bed.