Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 6BT, CUCV Axled M715 Build

Thanks Chris.

Using the link, 5.9L engine with a 3200 redline and 83% I get abut 333 CFM. Not really all that much. However, when you figure in the turbo, the way Sermis drives (Like he stole it) and our climate. I think the biggest filter that can be mounted and the hood still close is what we need.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I have to check, but I think it has THAT filter in your pic. What is the length and width of it? I have a housing and 4 or 5 filter elements.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

unique metal products makes a real slick canister air filter assembly. ones available with plenty of filter for that engine. they are nice, and very pretty, with a cost to go along with it.
    Ryan

Tim

Think this monster auto tranny will fit in the truck?
    I got to looking at it and it has a PTO port on the side so I could still have the PTO winch and no more shifting gears. I think it is 28 1/2" from bell to the back of the E-brake drum.

I don't see a mount for the transmission behind the mid mount at the back of the engine. How much room down do you figure there is from the mount to where the pto shaft would run? That would be the biggest problem besides stuffing a trans cooler infront of the radiator.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

It has 4 tabs on top that I guess are mounting points? 1 on each corner.
    The engine motor mounts are high enough to clear the PTO.
    The PTO port is close to the pan on the passenger side of the tranny.
    Not sure if it has overdrive or not.

We finally just got the front axle centered left to right and front to back. Plus, got the Castor set at 8 degrees. It took us 3 days to get all the measurements to be right at the same time, but the drivers side spring perches are now tacked in place. We now get to take the axle back off again to grind the old mount a previous axle owner made that was close, but not at the correct castor to the correct angle and down about 1/8 of an inch. Then build perches for that side too.

We should get the grinding done tomorrow since the students working on it are only here for about 2 hours a day. Then, I have jury duty Monday morning and if I can get out of that, we have a teacher training/conference all next week and Monday of the next week. That will slow things down for about a week.

Keep posting pic there Tim....

Sermis...what is that trans out of a school bus? What is the ratio of the gears and how many gears, 3, 4, 5?

I ask because if it is only a three speed you may only at best have a 1:1 at the finial or if it's a 4 or 5 speed then you may get a good low first and I .89:1 or something in the last gear.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    We finally just got the front axle centered left to right and front to back. Plus, got the Castor set at 8 degrees. It took us 3 days to get all the measurements to be right at the same time, but the drivers side spring perches are now tacked in place. We now get to take the axle back off again to grind the old mount a previous axle owner made that was close, but not at the correct castor to the correct angle and down about 1/8 of an inch. Then build perches for that side too.

We should get the grinding done tomorrow since the students working on it are only here for about 2 hours a day. Then, I have jury duty Monday morning and if I can get out of that, we have a teacher training/conference all next week and Monday of the next week. That will slow things down for about a week.
    Isn't 8 degrees a bit too much caster for such large tires?

Tranny is an Allison AT545NRM Part# 29537831 out of a Freight liner linen truck. The shifter is marked D1, D3, and D. I think is has some type of of overdrive but not sure on the ratio. I am thinking with the 4.56 and large tires, unknown size right now but at least 12.5 / 20' (40") or 14.5 / 20's (43"), I might not need overdrive.