Thread: brakes

Default brakes

Hey guys, need some front wheel cylinders for my m715. I would like to buy locate like napa or carquest. Does any one know the numbers for them?

Forgot master cylinder also.

Do a search for them. The brake wheel cylinders can be replaced with those off a 1-ton Ford van, I believe, with just a bit of enlarging of the hole on the backing plate.

For the master cylinder, you can do a search for the upgrade so you have dual brake systems. Very, very easy and inexpensive upgrade.

In both cases, no auto parts dealers are going to have stock M715 brake cylinders or master cylinders, so there are no part numbers to give ya!
    -- Tim Taylor

The NOS type master is available at NAPA but it is EXPENSIVE compared to the NOS units available from Memphis Equipment and VPW...does AB Linn have them?

The wheel cylinder info is here:
    Wheel Cyl.

And I have a few stock master cylinders kicking around here too. At least two were known to be working just fine before being pulled (mine and Fisherman's). One more off the parts truck which I wouldn't trust for anything more than a paperweight. So if you're looking to do a restoration or such, I got ya covered!
    -- Tim Taylor