Thread: NP205 shift linkage

Jester Guest

Default NP205 shift linkage

For those of you who have installed a NP205, did you twin stick? Single stick? Stock linkages? Modifications?

Any pics would be helpful too. Trying to get an idea of what I want to do for shifters.

txs

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/m/510_...r-Linkage.html

I twin sticked with the "economy shifter" and their standard shift rod pieces. I did have to cut one "ear" off each rail at the T-case to bolt the rod end on nice and flat.

My plan was to shorten the shift levers and add some longer round-bar levers with common shift knobs on the end.

Mine was mounted off a T18 - I started with an adapter that I made to mount the OEM levers then modified that to accept the "economy shifter"

my plan so far is to do a single. i was going to go for twin, but i convinced myself there is no reason for it. i will be making a shifter that works off of the Nv4500 and comes through the stock hole in the floor
    Ryan

Ryan, I too am convinced there is no reason for it, at least for what I'm using mine for.

I agree with the no twin shifters in an M715.

They have some use on a buggy or a light weight rig, especially in competition, but I just can't see me doing any front digs in a truck that has over 3000 lbs on the front axle. Just seems like a recipe for broken parts.

Doug

Similar Threads

1. robertcowan : SHIFT PATTERN FOR A GM SM420
    By PseudoZone in forum PseudoZone - Open Archive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 12th, 2009, 01:04 AM
  2. Shift on the fly?
    By fisherman in forum Modified Tech
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: December 20th, 2008, 12:32 AM
  3. NP205 Shift Pattern
    By Jester in forum Modified Tech