Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a NP205

Jester Guest

In case you need part numbers for the 1310/1350 u-joint

Spicer 5-460X
    Neapco 3-3140
    Rockford K3022

Cheapness is the mother of all invention or is it (owning a Jeep is the mother of all invention). I already came up with a way to fix the yokes I have. They are the ones that don't have the little nib of metal so the cap doesn't slide out so you need the C clip type of joint. I will tap a small hole in the side of the yoke on each side and bolt on a washer to act as a stop. At least this way, all I will have to buy is a few U-joint strap kits. maybe I should do a write up? or is it too hack?

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Cheapness is the mother of all invention or is it (owning a Jeep is the mother of all invention). I already came up with a way to fix the yokes I have. They are the ones that don't have the little nib of metal so the cap doesn't slide out so you need the C clip type of joint. I will tap a small hole in the side of the yoke on each side and bolt on a washer to act as a stop. At least this way, all I will have to buy is a few U-joint strap kits. maybe I should do a write up? or is it too hack?
    Not hack. Its always good to have options.

I'd like to see it too, Phoenix.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    If you just remove the interconnect pc, don't you run the risk of putting the front and rear in diff ratios? That would be bad.
    yeah you really dont want to do that, but with the stock 715 shifters you may be fine, the 200s don't have the pills like the 205s do if i remember correctly, so the interlock is in the shifter mechanism. i suppose you could do it without tearing down the case, but it can't be easy. for no harder than it is tearing down the case is the way i would go, giving you an inspection opportunity and the opportunity to re-seal.

what i was saying is that the 205 will opperate fine with no mods if you just put two sticks on it and go. if you want the ability to do front digs rthen you have to modify the rails or remove the pills. i wouldn't reccomend front digs in a m715
    ryan

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    i wouldn't reccomend front digs in a m715
    Why not? Think the front axle would not last very long?

especially the stock front axle. Front digs are rock racing/crawling stuff. in a street weekend warrior truck the amount of times you would need that capability is very low. or you push your stuff harder than i do on rougher terrian. add to all that the weight of a m715 and a more powerfull non stock engine and you are setting yourself to become an expert at replacing axleshafts like Doug . i just think that there will be no need for that ability in a big heavy army truck, unless you are doing massive drivetrain and suspension mods to make it a hardcore off roader.

Default Tarbush 8

Being the rookie here, which of the divorced NP205 best adapts to our M715s standard transmission or should I also be looking for a NP465 tranny as well?

You need a divorced NP205 to mate it to the stock transmission. A divorced t-case is also the best route to go if doing a repower on a budget. You just need a 2wd transmission that way.

Now, a married NP205/transmission/engine set up out of a Dodge or Chevy truck is real easy to put in. New mounts and drive shafts will be needed however.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw