Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NP 205 brackets

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    You're only using the one shifter lever, right? Are you going to keep the other one in there to maintain the original, confusing look? Just not have it connected to anything?

Nope. The second shifer is in a parts box under my shop bench.

Pheonix and Jester now that the 205s are positioned in your trucks, have either of you tried to mount a PTO on the 205? Was there enough clearance?
    When will you submit the final drawings on your 205 mountings? To KISS is tasteful! Quality work guys!

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tarbush 8 View Post
    Pheonix and Jester now that the 205s are positioned in your trucks, have either of you tried to mount a PTO on the 205? Was there enough clearance?
    When will you submit the final drawings on your 205 mountings? To KISS is tasteful! Quality work guys!
    I am not running a PTO but there looks to be plenty of room for one.

Think the only thing missing from the drawings is the measurement for how far the stock u-bracket needs to be moved. The rest is bolt in.

The brackets made the install very easy. Only prob (read $) for me was the conversion u-joints.

Next spring on the PTO unless someone wants to donate one to me. I did a switch of the original drawings since they were just hand drawn. so the blueprints that you see are the final ones with all the correct measurements. The only one that is missing, as Jester mentioned is the measurement of how far to move over the riser on the driver side. that measurement is 6-1/16 inches more to the driver side. All you need to do is measure from each driver side mounting hole over 6-1/16 inches and drill a new hole in each cross member bar. The big problem that I had, was with the exhaust path. There is no room to run the exhaust past the frame crossmember and past the T-case. I wanted to run the exhaust between the frame rails no mater how long it would take me, but without a body lift It isnt happening. I looked at it for three hours or more trying to figure out a way to run it but there would be too many turns and twists to make it work. If you were not going to run the PTO, I would think that you could run both exhaust pipes through a hole that you could cut into the driver side of the frame crossmember and right through where the PTO would be mounted.

If anyone would like me to make them a set, just PM me.

If you could get me a set, I would be glad to post them for everyone!

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Next spring on the PTO unless someone wants to donate one to me. I did a switch of the original drawings since they were just hand drawn. so the blueprints that you see are the final ones with all the correct measurements. The only one that is missing, as Jester mentioned is the measurement of how far to move over the riser on the driver side. that measurement is 6-1/16 inches more to the driver side. All you need to do is measure from each driver side mounting hole over 6-1/16 inches and drill a new hole in each cross member bar. The big problem that I had, was with the exhaust path. There is no room to run the exhaust past the frame crossmember and past the T-case. I wanted to run the exhaust between the frame rails no mater how long it would take me, but without a body lift It isnt happening. I looked at it for three hours or more trying to figure out a way to run it but there would be too many turns and twists to make it work. If you were not going to run the PTO, I would think that you could run both exhaust pipes through a hole that you could cut into the driver side of the frame crossmember and right through where the PTO would be mounted.

If anyone would like me to make them a set, just PM me.

Yes, I forgot the exhuast issue. That is a 205 issue not the brackets I think. Its taller on that side than the 200 was. For $80 and using parts from the auto store, I mounted my exhaust on the outside of the frame rail under the passenger rocker. I have a thread showing it.

Exhaust - shop or DIY

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    If you could get me a set, I would be glad to post them for everyone!

I think he means if anyone wants him to make a set of brackets. The drawings posting in the thread are good to go for DIY.

BTW - the brackets that Phoenix made for me made it pretty much a bolt in. I can't weld steel that thick so DIY was not an option for me.

I am sorry...for some reason I thought the images of the mounts in this thread were hand drawings...I see they are great images with measures and all...should pay more attention as I may be making a set of these one of these days!

Phoenix, great work!!

Yes, I time traveled back in time and replaced my first drawings with the ones that Jester made for me. I actually deleted the hand drawn ones and uploaded the new ones with the same name as the old ones. Photobucket did not want me to simply rename the files, that would be too easy.

You have done great work!!