Thread: Time for the Swampers

Default Time for the Swampers

I have done a spring over on my 715 and re-attached the tie rod and steering rod to the top of the steering arms. My question is will the tie rod outer end on the passinger side hit the tire on a 38-13-16 TSL on a stock rim? At present the side of the rod end is only 1/2 to 5/8 inch from the side wall of a stock 9:00-16 NDT tire at a height of 2 1/2 inch from edge of rim. Checked Archives out and it should be OK but would like to have someone confirm it works. THANK YOU

Dunno about post spring over, but I know that they work on stock rims at stock height. They are wider then the stock tires, though, and bulge a bit off the stock rims.

Zach

There was an old rotted out set of 38-13-16 Swampers on my M when I got it. There's plenty of room for them. There weren't even any body bushings in place. I think those Micheline XLs(or whatever) that seem to be a popular upgrade are 42s, but I could be way wrong on that.

The 11.00R16 XL's are around 38s. The 12.50R20 XL's are around 41s.

Default still looking

Is there anyone that can confirm that 38-13-16 will fit with spring over and stock rims on 715 THANKS

Those tires hav been used on a stock truck without the added 5-6 inches a springover gives...

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I am running 38" TSL's and they clear fine and there was still plenty of room between the tie rods and the tire sidewall in stock form. The tires will rub slightly at full lock when under some compression without a springover.

The position will still be the same for the tie rod ends after you flip them on the steering arms. They won't move any closer to the tire in other words. They will just be on top of the arms.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Default Tires

What im tring to get across is that when you put the tie rods on top of the arm it will be 2 1/2 inches higher up from the edge of the rim which would put the tie rod closer to the bulg of the tire.

What they're trying to get across is it doesn't matter. OTOH, mount one and check it. Always the best way to be sure.

i think i understand what is going on, and now that he had done the spring over, he flipped the tie rod over, and now it rubs the tire. i have the same problem.. i think that after you taper the holes the opposite way it might work out better. i havnt got that far yet.
    my signature is sweet huh?