Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mud running 725

Cool mud running 725

I took the 725 out to the mud run yesterday. when I pulled up everyone thought I was way to heavy to go thru it and was runnin it down. the first one to run it was a rail buggy which didnt make it all the way through so I thought I wouldnt either and of course they called me up next. it was some nasty mud. I pulled up to the line and thought the only way was to hit it in low range and second gear and hold it to the floor. I got the go ahead and hammered down. I was hitting about 6000+ rpms with good wheel speed and it was pulling good and going straight and the next thing I knew I was climbing out the end and all the non believers were all in shock and so was I. I did it I thought and the rest of the guys ran in class 6 then the next class ran and tore it up. they called me first in class 5 and again I lined up and blasted thru the pit. they announced the winner or class 5, Me then shortly afterwards announced the winner and 2nd and 3rd place winners which I placed 3rd in. I may not have had it set up for Colorado but it was perfect for here with oxygen available. LOL! I ran against some pretty radical trucks and showed them just how well the 715/725 vehicles are and what they are capable of doing. there arent anymore non believers there now. Im one happy guy right now and very pleased with how it done.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

Good for you, Dave!

Got any pics to go along with this story?

Way to go Dave! Now, go park it on top of a sprinkler over night and repeat until all the mud is gone from underneath.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I should be getting the video any day so as soon as I get it Ill either post it or send it to brute4c to do it. It really didnt get very muddy on the sides but under the hood and underneith it, its solid mud and needs to soak in a pond for a month or two. the battery is hidden along with the horn and the msd box. I thought I used to have a waterpump but it seems to be missing too. LOL! it was so much fun running the pit that I might go to the next one they're putting on this coming weekend.

I won class six and placed 3rd in class five since I cant hardly make out my own first post. man, I getting dislexic and scatter brained or something. LOL!

Dont tease a junkie...pics, video...whatever ya got, Dave...

Congrats man!! Glad it worked out so well!!

Be glad to host it!

the electric cooling fan was plum packed full of mud and couldnt work so it ended up blowing the fuse and the rad cap came loose again so now Ive got to replace the rad. cap like I should have done a long time ago but it didnt hurt anything and hopefully soon Ill have the video in my posession so I can get it posted. LOL!

Thumbs up

Not scatter brained, just excited. Nothing beats the feeling of shooting down the trash talkers and surprising yourself at the same time. Congratulations

Sweet Dave! I bet that was a hoot to watch. Looking forward to the video.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21