Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a few questions

Default a few questions

so me and my bro found an m715 and it's not 100% but close and it really needs new tires before even moving it
    i was wandering what size the stock rims are
    and if i could use a chevy 6 lug

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

The M715 rims are their own thing altogether. 6 on 7.25" pattern if I remember correctly. Not even close to a Chevy 6 lug pattern.

They are 16 inch rims and are a lock ring design.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

The bolt pattern for the wheels is 6 on 7.25 inches with a 5.5 inch center hole. The stock studs are 5/8ths inch diameter with 18 threads per inch, fine thread. The stock rims are split rims that measure 16 inches tall, 6.5 inches wide and have 5.5 inches of backspacing.

No Chevy pattern fits.

awsome thanx guys

i have another question so since these rims are super jank what have you guys done about it

like swap shafts or what else/where did u get your parts

Well, you can try to find a set of rims (I went this route, and now have many spare rims). You can pay to have custom set of rims made with a solid center with the M-715 bolt pattern (a member here got some from Marsh I beleive for roughly $100 per rim). Or you can swap axles to something with a different bolt pattern. Those are pretty much your options.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Chuk E, are your rims damaged? It is important that you understand the terminology, . .these are LOCK RING wheels, which is different from a standard SPLIT RIM, and much safer. They were used on these truck sprecifically so that the tire could be changed in the field with hand tools if needed. That being said, to swap tires, your best bet is a truck shop, as they have experience with this type of wheel. These are heavy, strong wheels, . not like the stock stamped stuff you find on a civvy pickup. Here in N, CA, our nearest sizable parts supply is surplus city, in Oroville, . . FYI, . .and welcome to the madness!!

alright thanks for the help guys

and yes moosejr it is madness

Chuk E, . . I end up out your way occasionally, . will have to stop by and check out your "score", . ..If you are ever up toward the Rubicon, give me a holler, . . I am sure that mine is probably one of a very few that have been on the rubicon, .. .

oh awsome will do just let me kno wen your down here