Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New member with question about a possible M715 Purchase.

Default New member with question about a possible M715 Purchase.

My wife found a M715 for sale and sent me photographs. I have a few questions about it before I make my decision on whether or not I am going to buy it. But I do not know how to post photographs.

Upload them at www.imageshack.us and post the links here.

I have never done that before. I will see if I can figure it out.

Here is a test fire.

I wish they were bigger, but that will do I guess.

Here are some more.

This is a truck my wife found for sale. I have always wanted one of these in original trim. The truck is complete and runs. One problem I have is I do not think it has the original engine. But, I want to get verification first. I have seen these in much worse shape going for much more than the $2000 asking price. We are of course trying to work him down lower because of the very poor luck we have experienced lately. But I do not want to let this truck slip away either. Well, shoot me what information you all can. And please confirm or correct my assumption of that being the wrong engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonesome715 View Post
    This is a truck my wife found for sale. I have always wanted one of these in original trim. The truck is complete and runs. One problem I have is I do not think it has the original engine. But, I want to get verification first. I have seen these in much worse shape going for much more than the $2000 asking price. We are of course trying to work him down lower because of the very poor luck we have experienced lately. But I do not want to let this truck slip away either. Well, shoot me what information you all can. And please confirm or correct my assumption of that being the wrong engine.
    That's certainly not a 230, but looks like the truck is well worth the $2000. If you REALLY want a 230, they usually sell for little money (an indication of how sought after they are).

Nope, looks like a Furd or a Chebby engine. Does it still have the tailgate? I'd try to whittle him down a little on the price too.

If the engine is not correct I would most likely instal a 6.5 at a later date. I'll have my wife check on the tail gate. Bottom line up front, what is the truck worth?

I'd shoot them an offer somewhere around $1500 or so. Around here (Atlanta), I've seen FULLY restored/correct 715's go for the $5/6K range.

I got mine for about $2500 and it came with a SB Ford V-8 already in it.