Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gilbert, PA Red Ball Event

Default Gilbert, PA Red Ball Event

Anyone going to Gilbert in September? I went last year prior to buying a '715. There were several 715's and 725's there however I did not know about the Zone at that time so don't know if anyone from here goes. I plan on being there again this year. My plan was to have my truck done long before this so I will not be bringing the restored truck as I am still reassembling. Hopefully next year.

I'm hoping to go check it out, the guy I bought my truck from is a member (Red Ball and here) and said that it's a good event. He has a really nice restored M715 that he said he drives up for the show. I live pretty close, so it's just a matter of making sure work and any plans my wife have don't interfere. My son would love it, so when I plant the bug in his ear, I'm sure I'll get the go-ahead!

Where / what / when is this event?

http://www.redballonline.org/News_&_Events.htm

Never been there, but I hear there are alot of vehicles there- I'd assume there is also a swap meet/sale to go along with it.The location is Gilbert, PA. They also have a show in Jim Thorpe in Feb(?), its mostly parts and militaria for sale inside and 1 or 2 vehicles parked outside.

Default Gilbert

Lots of trucks at Gilbert. Also, the mil-rad group is there and that is my main interest for going. Large and good flea market for parts and accessories. Best prices I have found. I will over night in Jim Thorpe or Stroudsburg. The Jim Thorpe flea market is in February and also good prices.

Default Gillbert\Redball swapmeet

Hi piney guy\all

Hope you still have your truck and will bring it to Gilbert. I will be getting there Thursday night. I will be driving my M715 up from Jackson, NJ. It's a nice 2 hour ride in my truck. The show is a really good. Theres lot of vendors and a lot of military vehicles. You can also camp out and hang out at night. I have a canvas for the back of my truck so I sleep back there. Last year there was a big bonfire with people hanging out late at night. I have a vendor spot so I'll be set up selling some M715 parts. Anyone going stop by and say hello.

Marc
    Jeeplightman
    1968 M715WW

Hey Marc- I still have the truck, just haven't been able to do any of the more expensive stuff I wanted to do. She'll just have to wait a while- I'm pretty glad no one was really interested actually. I'll definitely look for you there, I have off from work, and the wife gave the OK.

There is a chance I will make it at least one day. I went a few years ago and it was a great event.

Quote Originally Posted by poolmike View Post
    There is a chance I will make it at least one day. I went a few years ago and it was a great event.
    Sorry I haven't followed, but I think I remember seeing pics of your truck, are you done, and if so are you bringing it? If its the truck I remember it was a pretty impressive work.

It will be nothing short of a miracle if I get the truck 'ready' for that show...not 'done'. I still have a lot of stuff to finish. The 14 bolt/Dana 60 are not matching, so I will bring it out with just the 4.10 rear axle to get an idea of what ratio I want to change to. The rear driveshaft is being made this week. I will attempt to finish the brake plumbing tonight, and start to plumb the hydroboost. I need to re-wire most of the truck, purchase and mount some shocks, run exhaust, etc...

Yeh, I'll be a spectator this year.