Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maiden Voyage

Jester Guest

Default Maiden Voyage

Decided to just go for it and drove the girl to work - on the highway

She did great. Got up to 55 for a few mins. Brakes need work cause it is pulling to one side, but they stop her. Overall, not a bad ride.

One thing at a time and in no time she will be running like a top. From day of delivery to driving to work in less than a week.
    Last edited by Jester; August 26th, 2008 at 11:17 AM.

Thats cool!...... I got mine sept 05, and still hav'nt driven it. Man, thats almost depressing!

Thumbs up Congratulations

I got my truck back in April and all I have had the jewels to do is about 30 in our lot at school. Big Truck would = Big Crash especially with no roof.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I picked my truck up in March of last year and didn't drive it (under its own power) until January of this year......
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I bought my truck in 2002 and I haven't driven it yet

Jester Guest

Dang - what are you guys waiting for?

I was wondering the same thing...

Mine got delivered at my office and I drove it home that evening. I'm going to try to get it inspected tomorrow so I can get the title sorted out.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Well, when I bought mine, it was only a shell with no engine, trans or electricals.....no driving it home right away......
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

When I got mine, it was delivered close to my house, but I had to drive it the last 20 miles up a winding mountain road, . .considering how old those NDT's appeared to be, it was scary, ... after I got home I checked out the brakes because they pulled a little, . ..it was the brakes I should have been scared of , . .only 1 was working!!!. ..got that all sorted out, . .driving it quite a bit right now due to problems with my other car, . .when I park it to do the engine/driveline swap, I am going to miss driving it, . . .course when I am done it will be nice!!! . . .looking forward to cummins power. . .

The engine /driveline swap is what got in my way,,,, not to mention, I changed my mind mid stream about 3 times.