Thread: Lights

Default Lights

The person who had this truck before us ought to be shot. The wire connector to the black out box has been cut and every thing left open and tied into, looking like a rats nest. I finally jury rigged a toggle switch for the lights for now tell I get a new wiring harness. Somebody already mentioned that a wiring harness for a M35 would do the job. I was wanting to get new lights all the way arround ( back lights, head lights and possibly black out lights) and was wondering were I could get them. Mater715
    "If you can't Dodge it Ram it"

Smile

You might call Vintage Power Wagons at the top of the screen. They do the M37 plus they have 9 shipping containers full of 715 NOS stuff also. I bought my lights there. They also had a few parts trucks. I had them cut an ignition switch plug off of a harness for me.

All the M trucks from 1950 or so newer have the same basic wiring for the lights. (I know, the Dodge 880 and GM CUCV are different since they are basically civilian trucks.) Same connectors at the ends, same lights, same wire numbers and same switches. The only real difference in a M151 wiring harness and a M818 5 ton harness is how much wire is between the connectors. The M715 comes out in the middle of those two extremes as far as size goes.

To answer your question, yes. A M35 harness will work in a M715. You will just have some extra wire at the front lights. But, a M35 rear harness is too small for a M715. The lights are further apart at the rear and because the M715 frame curves over the rear axle, the M715 actually has a longer distance from the light switch to the right rear tail light than a M35.

A guy named KCGonzo on E-Bay has "Complete M35" new harness up for sale all the time. It is a front harness only. They normally sell for $130-$150. I was patient and got one for less than $80. I got a rear harness for a M816 5ton wrecker for another $50.

Patience and lots of looking will be rewarded.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thanks for the info. We're hoping that the rear harness can be salvaged.
    "If you can't Dodge it Ram it"