Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got 1968 m725 home!!!!!!

Default Got 1968 m725 home!!!!!!

Got it home last week, drove it home and then the coil died that night (or so I think). Started stocking it with some medical stuff. Going to redo the paint next.

Wow that is really nice!
    Tom

Nice find! Even has all the hard-to-get items, like the surgical light and litter racks.

Hadn't seen one with a radio before - could you post a better pic of that?

thanks
    Rich
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Yea Ill get some pics. The guy I bought it off had it done up as an 80s-90s radio truck (as you can tell by paint). So its got some stuff im not sure it came from the factory with. There are alot of hookupos for 24v accesories, not sure what would have gotten plugged into them??? Ill get some better pictures of them and the radio tomarow.
    It has rife racks behind the driver and pass seats, anyone know if they are supposed to be there?

nice truck.
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

I know my 725 has one behind the drivers' seat, don't think I do on the pass side, but i'll re-check.

Quote Originally Posted by Docthrush View Post
    Yea Ill get some pics. The guy I bought it off had it done up as an 80s-90s radio truck (as you can tell by paint). So its got some stuff im not sure it came from the factory with. There are alot of hookupos for 24v accesories, not sure what would have gotten plugged into them??? Ill get some better pictures of them and the radio tomarow.
    It has rife racks behind the driver and pass seats, anyone know if they are supposed to be there?
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Thanks guys!
    Ok got some more pictures. Also found that the coil was cracked and the grease from it had ozed out. I got pics of the radio ant and the rear outlets. Anyone know if this is the right setup for an ambulance from the era?

Think there was somone looking for engine paint pics so i put them up also. Not sure if its the right colors but its the jeep engine.

Very nice truck.
    Mine has neither rifle racks or the electrical connections that yours has, but I have no idea what originally came with the truck.
    Mine does have an air conditioner unit mounted in the cage above the driver compartment that protrudes into the patient compartment. I have been told they did not come with AC, but if not it was a pretty clean installation.

no factory AC, but a nice addition as these crackerboxes get hot!

Can you post pics of your AC unit please - I need some ideas!
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

The radio is a An VRC 64, the vintage is correct but I'm not sure they ever put them in 725's, not to say it could not have happened at some point.I drove a Deuce back in 88 while stationed in Germany.It had a 64 like yours mounted on the floor under the passenger seat.It was a legit military mod as I did it myself, not something done normally but yours could be legit.

Your truck is is in super shape, that is one ambulance I would not pass up.
    Tom