Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone check out this site..??

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Default Anyone check out this site..??

I am sure many of you must have seen this site, but I hadn't yet.

Is it me, or are the prices on many of these trucks really kinda high?

http://www.vintagemilitarytrucks.com/M715.htm

I especially like how he tried to coverup the for sale sign painted in the front window of the yellow truck. The first pic says 600.00 then it magically said 2850.00, I smell a fish!

This guy has knocked me out of several truck over at the OK/MO forestry sale for the last few years, I can see why with some of the markups he can afford to bid them up. But overhead is a monster that has to be paid!
    James G.

He is a really nice guy and fun to talk to. I almost bought a deuce from him when I was looking. We just did not get right on the money. I have been to his place in Waxahachie Texas, just south of Dallas and looked at some for his trucks. He has on place along IH35 and one down town where his business is. When you own your one fuel / oil distributor ship you can bank roll your hobby. I know some of his prices have doubled over the last couple years. He was selling deuce trans a year or so ago for $75. Last I checked they went to $300. Scrap cabs were almost free, now $300. He must have someone else running the business which is giving him more time to play in the hobby. I just wish he was more into keeping it a hobby and not trying to make a killer profit. I really want a M715 but can’t afford $2,500- $3,000 on a truck that still needs rebuilding and paint.

I just thought that the cheapest truck at $2,500 was kind high since I only paid $1300 for mine in better condition. Granted it needed a total overhaul, but many of these trucks on his site need beds, floors, etc....Big ticket items in my opinion.

The dump was kinda cool though.....

The GIF is mine I made that four years ago.

Some nice trucks, all too expensive though. Sermis there are two trucks for sale up here in Washington for $1,500.00 off of the craigslist post Amphi posted. That sounded like a pretty sweet deal. Sucks he stole your GIF Mikel

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post

Sue him for say $900.00....

I thought his prices were a tad on the high side.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post

That is a relly cool little animated GIF! I love the mud on his face and the suspension flex......

I would love to have one and $1,500 is in the ball park but unless someone wants to bring it to Texas for $50.00 I cant swing it.