Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 24084 or 24087? Please help!

Default 24084 or 24087? Please help!

I have my truck in primer and ready for paint. Now the question is.....Which color code? I like the olive drab look and I want to keep it accurate but the 24087 just looks too brown to me. I heard 24084 is lighter but I haven't seen it first hand. What color code should I use in order to get a nice olive drab that doesn't look brown?

When you say lighter, would that just be a lighter shade of the brown color you don't want? I've seen some trucks painted in what appears to be more brown than olive drab. Be careful, I don't like it either. My truck is a light olive drab, but I'm sure the sun has done its job on it also. I love the way it looks. It's the way I remember it when I used to drive it in the Army.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Here is my truck, just painted 24087. The bows, corners and legs were painted 24087 out of a rattle can and looks pretty different. Guess it can depend on the source. The truck is definitely more brown.

Thanks for all the help!

So, which shade has all the khaki color out of it, I mean a color that is OD more green? I spot painted a couple welded up holes for the licence plate holes in the tailgate, and the 24087 is alot browner than the color on the truck. I painted a small metal strip and took it under the dash by the pedals and it still looks brown, I figure no sunlight gets up by the pedals much.

Rapco offers among other colors:

319 olive drab
    33070 olive drab
    23070 olive drab
    34086 olive drab
    34087 olive drab
    34094 olive drab

Scott

Hey Kyken, your truck looks good. It's for sure leaning toward brown in color, but once again it's a matter of your own personal choice. The color you chose..... do they actually list that as olive drab?
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

http://www.flmv.net/FLMV-M715.htm
    I just happen to see the above link...It's where I got 4 of my corners, 9.50 each.

Thanks MP, you should see the before pics.

http://www.armyjeepparts.com/order_p...t_bottom_1.htm
    Here is how the 24087 is listed at the above link:
    24087 SEMI-GLOSS, 1957 to present
    Dark O.D. The last color used before
    camo patterns started.

I picked the 24087 because it is the correct paint for the M715.
    The painter, Matt aka m5a1stuart here on the zone used Gillespie paint. It says the following on the can. "semi gloss enamel, olive drab, 595-24087-11LFD".

The rattle can I used says AERVOE Industries, Inc. 24087 Nonflat, "paint is made specifically to match federal spec 595 color standards".

I hope this helps...Ken
    Thanks for all the help!

Here's mine in USMC "forest green" (24052):

-- Tim Taylor

I'm ooking for a nice OD green, similar to the green thats on the background on this website

if you looksa at my pics in my folders, my truck is 24087, I think its more green than brown. just my opinion

Duane

just click on here
    my truck is finally done!