Thread: Strange Hard top seen on M715!?

Default Strange Hard top seen on M715!?

Hey guys,

I've seen exactly a grad total of 2 of these unique hard tops, really awesome... I cannot find ANYTHING about them what they are called or where to get them.. Who made these? Have you guys seen these before?

Coolest top I've seen and am good at research and have shockingly found squat... There was a comment somewhere saying they were called "hard hat tops" because you could wear a helmet in it but thats all I have...

Appreciate your time guys...sweet rides for sure.

KnightOwl

Is that fiberglass? Cool. The proper military one is two piece metal.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Looks like the fiberglass top that Boyce Equipment used to make. I don't think they have made them in years now so finding one will be difficult. They also used to make a fiberglass hard top for the M37 and M35's.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

They look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Boyce still lists M715 tops on their website. Don't know if they are the same as it just shows the side view. Here's a link.
    https://www.boyceequipment.com/fiberglass-tops--hoods

Wow, thanks so much for the replies...

Yes these were both made of fiberglass..

Beast; funny you say that because I have seen this same hard top atop a M37 also! Wow, Boyce equipment, I'll check that out guys..thanks alot! I'm really wanting to build up a M725 Ambulance as a hunting/camping rig. Think it would be perfect..

I have both Mercedes OM617 and Detroit Diesel 353t Silver series available for such project. Studying axles and tranny's (manual 5 speeds that would work best) right now... trying to figure out what axles would fit right in and which would need to be "cut-down" to fit...this website has oodles of information, stayed up till 2am last night reading your old posts.

Some of your rides are simply incredible.. always preferred old iron to new plastic with those dan&^ computers! I absolutely despise computers.

Thanks so much for the replies!! More info in your fast replies then I could find!

Sincerely,
    KnightOwl

Anyone up here in Oregon?

Blog Entries

That truck must be in an area that sees a lot of snow! Notice the delineators on the two front bumper corners! At first I thought they were antenna ... but look close at first pic .. no wires. Or they are rock "detectors". Like the high lift jack placement ...
    Last edited by teking; January 5th, 2021 at 09:29 AM.