Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Cylinder Conversion

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by das beef View Post
    heh to bad im breaking brake lines left and right
    I think it bears mentioning here, that while replacing the wheel cylinders, ALL of the steel and rubber lines should be replaced too. If the inside of the wheel cylinders look anything like all the ones I've replaced on various M715's then the lines and hoses probably do too, and many of them are still running around on their factory bits.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Too true!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

heh i'll be honest my old wheel cylinders did'nt look bad at all really ... i just figure id replace them to try to get all my parts to new lol and yes i figured the a brake line or two would break ... i replaced one side already and im also going to finish the other side

Chicklin's post about the Napa #9025 and 9026 cylinders not fitting the stock rubber brake lines is correct. Use Napa flex-hose part #36791 for the fronts, and Napa part #36801 for the rear. You will need two reducer fittings at the rear tee, and grind a little part of the fitting to go through the holder tabs, but that way you can replace all the flex-hoses with Napa parts. I finished-up the brakes on my short-truck. All new master cylinder, wheel cylinders, flex-lines and all new steel lines from Napa parts.

Cool brake job

this is my first m715 i love it and hadnt driven it yet but i will as soon as it will stop.thanks good job.

New brake cylinders or any replacement is not neccessary. Rebuilt the old ones, hone them, use new rubber parts. You will get them under the number Dorman First Stop 3609, will replace Coniseal WK3609, Raybestos WK20, Wagner WK3609 (the original replacement) and Bendix 66821).
    Hope this helps.
    Wolf
    P.S. Have a new set of repair kits just ready to install. New means got it last month factory fresh.

Anyone using napa TS 451 brake pads as a replacement to the stock units? The prices are much nicer and are a direct fit.

This looks to be an excellent conversion, sadly none oof the parts mentioned are available in the UK and I can't find a supplier that posts internationally!
    Would these fit?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Brake-W...#ht_319wt_1018

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight View Post
    This looks to be an excellent conversion, sadly none oof the parts mentioned are available in the UK and I can't find a supplier that posts internationally!
    Would these fit?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Brake-W...#ht_319wt_1018
    Those are the correct wheel cylinders.

Have you tried rockauto.com ? I'd bet they might ship overseas.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    Those are the correct wheel cylinders.

Have you tried rockauto.com ? I'd bet they might ship overseas.
    You were spot on there - they do ship internationally and I've ordered the parts!
    Many, many thanks.