Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12216 Coming Back To Life

From the -34 TM:

f. Install anchor block with convex surface contacting the primary shoe and the straight side contacting the secondary shoe. The arrow stamped on the anchor ‘block must always be installed pointing in the direction ‘of forward wheel rotation. Install the brake shoes on the brake backing plates. Remove the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieM725 View Post
    go to figure 16- 12 in the maintenance manual it shows a parts break down.
    I believe you`re talking about the anchor block washer and anchor block.
    Sorry, JimmieM725. I don't have a maintenance manual yet, but I guess I will be ordering one.

Thanks, Ray.

Thanks, Don! That is exactly what I needed. Now I can install the drums no longer worrying if I got that wrong.

I just learned that I had access to the maintenance manual through this site. Learned something new!

Pressure washed the truck today and cleaned it up real good. The rust flakes, dirt and grease are pretty much gone. I prep'd the back of the frame with degreaser and ospho so I can start to paint the frame with POR-15 tomorrow.

Default leaf spring hardware

Hello all,

I'm going to be taking my leaf springs apart and cleaning and paint them soon. I've been looking for the leaf spring straps but cant find similar ones. Anyone know where I can find the straps?

Also, my u-joints are worn in a few spots so I think I would like to replace those too. If you have any tips on finding these too, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe

Are you talking about the clamps that hold the leaves together? I think my bolts at the tops of the clamps are bad, but the clamps seem OK....Maybe try one of the spring companies? Deaver or alcan? I think all of the ujoints are spicer 1310 size....
    Is that real money?

Hey Ray, thanks for the tip. I too have a broken bolt, so worse case I can just replace that. I was hoping to replace all the hardware so I’ll check with some of the spring companies.

As for the u-bolt. I’m talking about the axle to leaf spring u-bolt, they look about 9-16” by 8 or 10”. The outside bolt has a little bend in it, so it’s not something I can just get at a hardware store.

Painted the back half of the frame as well as the rear end today.

Ahhh....Leaf spring U-bolts....Got it, almost forgot those stock ones have that little kick to them. Not sure if they are commercially available, but a spring shop, blacksmith, or good fabricator should be able to make or modify one for you...
    Is that real money?