Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Project M715... Eh!

Nice compact addition. And clean fresh paint is great to look at. Thumbs up!

You know sh*t is starting to get real when you pick up your brand new badass custom length 1410 series driveshafts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that is some serious one ton stuff!! I just spent the last three evenings studying driveshafts and Universals in 1 ton 101.
    Very nice!

I don’t know how they could call these 1 1/4 ton trucks with these little driveshafts... The 1410’s make the original seem tiny!

I know right... Those 1310's can only handle so much power. I think the spring packs and rear axle capabilities combined with how much could be loaded into the bed helped get it's 1.25 ton capacity. Going 1410 is sort of a correction. 1350's and 1410's have the same huge bearing caps at 1 3/8 dia,
    and huge cross section that gives it the strength. 1410's being wider can offer way more angle forgiveness which is pretty cool. 35-37 degrees verses 20 degrees for a 1350. 1410 yield torque is a stunning 2700 foot pounds. Then you have tube thickness. 0.83, 0.95 and 120 wall. I would imagine M715's hopefully have .120 wall tubes.
    Beautiful parts. I hope to get that far soon.

It’s amazing how many little odds and ends are needed to finish all the details. A few stops and another shipment from Summit Racing and she might just be ready to fire next weekend! Then on to the brakes and getting the interior together!

Oh my, that picture has me drooling. Looking good!

I really need to stop getting side tracked. I was shopping on Summit racing the other day and was looking at cast aluminum valve covers. I’m sick of the seepage from the stamped steel ones on the motor, so I grabbed a cool set of satin black cast aluminum. Well, that lead to this. Another day “wasted” on something I really didn’t need to do. It would have been a hell of a lot easier if I had done it before paint and dropping the motor in for good! Oh well, it will be awesome when it’s all done!

Default Canadian Project M715... Eh!

I thought it was a good day to work on the old girl today, and thankful that I have the freedom to do so!

Got my clutch linkage fabbed up and installed. I’ve never done a mechanical clutch before, so hopefully this works out, lol.

Also got a flywheel shield fabbed (with integrated clutch return spring mount!) and started on the exhaust. After the exhaust I think the fab work is pretty much over except for seat mounts. Then onto wiring and getting the dash/column in.

Last edited by Scassidy; November 11th, 2020 at 07:57 PM.

It’s glorious... good work Sir!