Thread: Posting issues

Blog Entries

Default Posting issues

Is anyone working the posting issues and picture display and posting issues? Been going on for a couple months now.

For the pictures of beginning to think it has something to do with the site rejecting certain browsers now Chrome and tapatalk don't seem to work Firefox works fine for pictures.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Yes, both Brute4c and Hammer are looking into it but unknown when the issue will be resolved. It's a frustrating problem.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Yeah...my firefox works for pics but when I post, it always gives me an error and then when I reload the thread, it posted the same thing twice and I delete one of them...

On my phone, I use Brave as a browser, and it posts fine but wont load pics...

It is VERY frustrating...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Blog Entries

This sounds like a security issue. Firefox also works for me .... nothing else. I'll poke around as well.

Blog Entries

I THINK THIS IS OUR SITE ISSUE RESOLUTION!!!

See post ...... this post is old but the conditions are the same

Attachment photos not displaying correctly
    Fri 21 Dec '18, 6:30pm
    Just this morning using Chrome and after a Microsoft update, all attachments are not being displayed correctly in posts.
    Using Chrome, Edge, and Internet Explorer the images aren't being displayed properly.
    When I tried Firefox and safari browser(on Imac) this does not happen. No changes on my PC or settings were done between
    yesterday when they all displayed correctly and today when the trouble started.

************************************************** **************************

New info researching VBulletin issues:

vBulletin 4 End of Life

vBulletin 4.2.5 is end of life and will not be receiving any future development. Warning: vBulletin 4.2.5 is not compatible with PHP 7.2.0 or higher.

vBulletin 3 End of Life

vBulletin 3 is end of life and will not be receiving future development. Warning: vBulletin 3.8.11 is not compatible with PHP 7.2.0 or higher.

MySQL 5.6.X Deprecation

MySQL 5.6 will reach End of Life in February 2021. Due to this, we are encouraging customers to to upgrade to MySQL 5.7+ or MariaDB 10.3+. While vBulletin will remain functional using these older versions, support for them can change in the future without further notice.

We need to change our Software version .... We are Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 ..... MS pushed out new PHP that effect Edge,Chrome,IE BUT NOT Firefox!!! ding ding ding!!!! WE NEED TO UPGRADE TO THE CURRENT APPLICATION RELEASE AND UPGRADE THE BACKEND DATABASE (MYSQL) IF THE VERSION IS BELOW 5.7.

When a new version of vBulletin is officially released, you will notice a message informing you about that within the admincp area of your website. The first step of the process is to download the latest stable version of vBulletin. It will allow you to upgrade your website to it and run the process smoothly.

vBulletin Connect 5.6.3 is now available for download.
    Tue 25 Aug '20, 1:03pm

System Requirements
    Minimum System Requirements

PHP Version: 7.2.0
    MySQL Version: 5.6.10 or MariaDB Version: 10.1.0

Recommended System Requirements

PHP Version: 7.3 or higher
    MySQL Version: 8.0+ or MariaDB Version: 10.3+

For more information, see vBulletin Connect System Requirements.

I've been in IT for 38 years. Ran and developed my own website. if you need my assistance please let me know. I know all about writing PHP, MYSQL,LINUX,etc, etc
    Last edited by teking; March 5th, 2021 at 07:17 AM.